Eight off-beat short stories:
- A child has a mysterious knack for survival in "Brindle."
- A woman suspects her neighbor of spying on her in "Flasher."
- In "Nude, Smiling," a young woman creates a unique way to pay for law school.
- In "A Skip of the Mind," a physicist must discover the secret to time travel if he wants to save his dying wife.
- A teen girl understands the physics behind popularity in "The Girl Who Can Program High School."
- A young woman wonders if sparing her child a life of torment is "A Kindness, Really."
- The smart, studious sister is treated like the family misfit in "Two-Eyes."
- A woman finally finds relief from a secret she's been carrying for years when someone reveals their own secret in "Thanks to the Perv in the Hardware Store."